Pages

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Postcrossing 10th Anniversary


Happy Birthday Postcrossing - 10 years today 
I made a floor collage of some of the postcards I have received from Postcrossing members since I joined on 22 March 2015.







HERE is how this worldwide phenomenon began. Thank you Paulo for this brainwave in allowing people from all walks of life to join together to share postcards, lollies, chocolates, magnets and friendship from all over the world.

A message from the Found Paulo:

Dear postcrosser,
Can you believe it is 10 years today since I launched Postcrossing? 10 years!
It all started with a crazy idea, done on spare time, and my hopes were that some friends would amuse me by joining it.
Today, Postcrossing is a community of hundreds of thousands of people from all over the world and the project has enabled more than 30 million connections across the planet and, I hope, even more smiles than that. I feel both proud and humbled by what Postcrossing has become.
And, cliché as it may be, I want to say: thank you. Thank you for being part of this crazy idea and help making the world a smaller place, one postcard at a time. Thank you to all the members of the Postcrossing team, volunteers, forum moderators, ambassadors, supporters and everyone who has taken part in this project by sending and receiving postcards.
To celebrate Postcrossing's 10th birthday, we have put together a new sectionwhere you can join the party and wish Happy birthday to Postcrossing. Come visit and put your smile on the map!

Happy birthday, Postcrossing!

Paulo
founder,



Video

10th Anniversary

ArChIvEs


2 comments:

  1. That is a great 10th birthday post! I love all those cards. You have a lot of the whatsit country series. (your letter S). I've tried to find the one from Spain but it doesn't seem to be available. If you know of a site that sells them.... Please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great 10th birthday post! I love all those cards. You have a lot of the whatsit country series. (your letter S). I've tried to find the one from Spain but it doesn't seem to be available. If you know of a site that sells them.... Please let me know.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I thoroughly enjoy reading your comments. Please visit again!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...