Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

T for Tuesday - Postcards

Last week I flew down to Williamtown Newcastle, New South Wales which was an hours flight away. It was coooold!!! 6C when I left Brisbane it was 25C. Stayed with some awesome friends I have known since I arrived in Australia 30+ years ago. 

Went to see a crafting friend Sandra and take her on a trip to Sydney which was an hours drive south. I had a great time, seeing everyone again and familiar places. Stayed with relatives in Sydney and my youngest daughter came for the night and drove us into town.
I also drove down to Canberra BRRRR it was 0Degrees down there, my arthritis played up so bad I could barely get off the chairs LOL, almost had to find myself a walking stick. I had a great time looking for postcards for my Postcrossing friends. Above is my stash that I hauled back. My luggage was overweight at 25kg, I was only allowed 23kg, so I stuffed as much as I could into the carryong luggage and the wonderful girl let me on with 24kg after removing Michael's shopping of Arnica anti flamme medicine we could only get from Canberra. So these postcards are Sydney and Canberra and some are just out of this world. I will scan an upload slowly so come back and visit if you want to see what they are. P.S. that is not a real pie in the front, it is a postcard of a pie and the tomato sauce is in the shape of Australia-pretty clever huh.
This is my collection of postcards from Brisbane alone
Found a teapot collection somewhere, love this set.

Joining Elizabeth and Bluebeard for T for Tuesday to see what other people are doing

15 comments:

  1. Firstly, your tea pot collection is GORgeous!!! I love the filed postcards. I collect postcards, but they are all over the place, lol. That pie really DOES look real, lol. Very good graphic. Hope you've warmed up again and have a Happy T Day :o) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a lovely bunch of postcards you got while you were gone. I was intrigued by all the different kinds you got, too. You sure found a lot of postcards from Brisbane. Looks like you won't have to worry about keeping up with your postcrossing friends.

    What a gorgeous tea pot and cups. They are simply stunning. Black and red always make me happy.

    Thanks for sharing your trip, your postcards, and this lovely tea set with us for T this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousMay 12, 2015

    Oh...you found so many! I went thrift store shopping with a friend this past weekend and found a pack of cute postcards, some regular notecards and some thank you cards. All for about $2 (USD) -- it was a bargain!

    Love the teapot! Drinking some chamomile tea with agave syrup right now!

    Your trip sounds like it was lovely! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that teapot set, and what an amazing collection of postcards - and yes, the pie illustration got me :-). What a trip you had! You would have been glad to get back to Brisbane.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well it looks as if you had a great time!! Great photos and some fab goodies, - isn't it lucky that some airport staff actually have a heart..... - so now you left me curious about that Arnica anti flamme..... ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bridget! Love the postcard collection, you really have got a lot of them! LOL Love the teapot set, very pretty indeed. I have to admit I did wonder why you had a pie sitting on all the postcards... so glad it turned out to be one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I thought that was a real dessert siting in that bin:):) That's a fab collection of postcards! Sounds like you had a good trip despite that nasty ole arthritis (which I also have and had a flare up recently) and cold weather. That's a wonderful teapot set. Enjoy, and happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Bridget...yep, you got me with the "pie" card too.......how clever.

    What a stash of post cards you have. They are getting harder and harder to find around here, guess I should follow your lead and collect them as I find them. Looking forward to seeing them.

    That tea set is just gorgeous!! I would love to have something like that, and I'm not a tea drinker..LOL

    Thanks for the visit, again, this week. Always lovely to hear from you. Happy T-day

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful tea set! I used to collect postcards but never knew how to keep them. I think your filing system is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the oriental design on that teapot..beautiful postcards too

    ReplyDelete
  11. A spot of tea, LOVE tea pots. Have a collection I will have to write about. Terrific that the airline staff was feeling generous. I thought that pie was real LOL had to do a double take on that. Keep smiling and creating.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great assortment of postcards you found! I have to admit, I really thought that was food sitting in the front! Lovely tea set, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I thought the pie was real! LOL!
    Lovely tea set. Happy T-Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love postcards too.I have some from here and there. My blog has that name because when I frist began scrapbooking, my intention was just create poscards with poems on them. Then things changed but I still keep the quotes which I also love.Wonderful tea set!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love postcards too.I have some from here and there. My blog has that name because when I frist began scrapbooking, my intention was just create poscards with poems on them. Then things changed but I still keep the quotes which I also love.Wonderful tea set!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I thoroughly enjoy reading your comments. Please visit again!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...