Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

Pav Pav Pav Pavlova!!!!!!!!!!!

Yummy Pavlova!!

Once a month I get the privilege of eating Pavlova
Pavlova is a meringue-based dessert named
after the Russian ballet dancer
Anna Pavlova
It is a merinque with a crips crust and soft, light inner.
The dessert is believed to have been created in
honour of the dancer either during or after
one of her tours to
 Australia and New Zealand in the 1920s.
The nationality of its creator has been a 
source of argument between the two nations for
 many years, but formal research
indicates New Zealand as the more probably source.
(damn and I kept telling my husband its an Australian dessert).
The dessert is a popular dish and an important 
part of the national cuisine of both countries, 
and with its simple recipe,
is frequently served during celebratory 
and holiday meals.
(yippee making paper shoes and 
other papercrafts is a celebration!)

So this is my first try at making a Pavlova.
After 10 minutes of this I'm thinking I've failed!
 Ok something is happening here after 15 mins
I worked out the macro on my camera to take
a moving shot, was pretty excited to see movement
in my still photos
Then its HOLY SHIT I don't have enough bowl for my pav!! 
 Instructions say FORM SOFT PEAKS
 PILE HIGH (I'm obedient and follow the rules)
 Then I chickened out and thought I'd better flatten it abit,
Luckily I did because it didn't spread that much
 I had enough to do individual ones and fancy edging
 LiCaBlE utensil...eyes popping out
ewwww the cornflour is raw, everything tasted nice
but that raw cornflour taste came out and whacked me
between the eyes!!
 Large Pav out of the oven
 Little Pavs cooked-nice huh
Definitely need to purchase a free standing electric beater,
my shoulders are hanging by their tendons after
holding the electric hand beater up for two lots
of 15-20 minute mixing
 Its yummy but I need to cook the meringue more
Thank you to the Lovely Linda for wetting
my appetite to make my own pavlova.
I think the homemade eggs makes a huge difference

2 comments:

  1. I HAVEN'T MADE THESE IN A LONG TIME. YOURS LOOK VERY YUMMY. GO GET THE FREE STANDING BEATER IT MAKES SUCH A DIFFERENCE. HAVE FUND AND DO NOT EAT TOO MANY. LOL

    HUGS
    CAROL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I thoroughly enjoy reading your comments. Please visit again!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...