Pages

Thursday, October 08, 2009

Thursday 10 minute card challenge

I'm on a roll here, it's the Thursday 10minute
challenge that I've been following on
blogs that they will publicly set up so everyone
can follow and participate in.
This is my second one today, as you can see from
the time on both my challenges.

I did the first one here about 7 hours ago

ok so I got the theme wrong-lets say I was just
practising my 10 min time slot as I have
never timed myself before.

Wish I had a fancy clock like they do!!!

Click on the picture to view in large size

Ingredients:
Embossing powder, embossing gun, embossing surface
(mine is a wooden cutting board covered in foil)
Gold and Silver Krylon pens
Stamps, embossing buddy
Stampin! Up ribbon-Real Red and
Always Artichoke grosgrain,
Stampin! Up double rectangle punch,
Cardstock: Stampin! Up Very Vanilla, Kraft

I never used to think that it was important to
use stamping buddy before applying embossing
powder, but recently I've had to succumb to it and
I am now a faithful user, it saves a lot of heartache!
Not to mention wasted cardstock.

Ink up image with versamark and add gold
embossing powder
Heat with heat tool (not hairdryer!)

I then used a Krylon Gold pen around the edge
of the cardstock to give it an edge

Using a Stampin! Up double rectangle punch
just above the bauble

Thread ribbon through the holes

tie a knot to secure, I tried to cheat and
only tie a bow but it didn't work and the bow
ended up upside down

then a bow (sorry about the blurry picture)



snip off excess

Adhere onto Kraft cardstock

Stamped up sentiment with versamark
and gold embossing powder

hit it with a heat tool

...voila 10 minutes

Here is the finished card using Silver embossing powder
and Always Artichoke grosgrain ribbon

This one has gold embossing powder and
Real Red grosgrain ribbon


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I thoroughly enjoy reading your comments. Please visit again!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...