Pages

Sunday, April 20, 2008

2 Days to go

Finally some clothes to go in the suitcase
Check out those Tim Tam biscuits


This is the first suitcase


That is 20kgs (44lbs) worth of stuff on the bed ready to be packed, I am allowed 23kgs (50lbs) per suitcase and I'm allowed 2 suitcases. Oh there aren't any clothes there because they are being washed lol. It's getting absolutely exciting now that it is only 8 days (today) until I leave. I am not looking forward to the 5 hour wait at Sydney airport for my connection to San Francisco nor the long 14 h our flight as well as the 2 plus hours after that and I don't remember going through San Francisco so I have no idea if I have to sprint a long way to my connecting flight like I have to in Los Angeles on my way back. There should be special dispensation for long haul travellers to not have to trek that far and lug 2 heavy suitcases while trying to stay awake and not keel over.


I don't have a packing list,I am just trying to remember everything, I would lose the list if I made one LOL.

I've spent the last two weeks sick with a cold, dizzy and pissed off LOL. This could not have come at a worse time, just before my holiday, I guess its better to be sick before the holidays and hope I get rid of it instead of while I am on holidays.
ok my computer went on the blink when I wrote this 5 days prior to my departure and it just came back on 2 days I am about to leave so I'd better release this page before I get locked out again.
I am sooo excited now that my dream and realisation from June 2007 when my friend Jackie Kalchert told me she is taking me on a cruise with Tim Holtz and crafting 5 classes with him, is about to come true.
I'm not looking forward to the flights though. I think I will be spending a whole day awake, who sleeps on those planes nowadays, I know I certainly can't, they seemed to have squished those seats so close together that you can't even rest your head on your knees for a safety landing that they teach you about.
I think I will enjoy the 5 hours layover in Sydney before I board the flight to San Francisco and that dreaded 15 hours. I have not been to Sydney airport international since they upgraded it many moons ago so I'll be doing a lot of window shopping.
I hope my aunt remembers to pick me up at Seattle. Last time I was in the US was 5 years ago, was forced to go LOL but it was the greatest trip because I stayed 2.5 months and thats where I met Jackie, my now bestest online crafting friend. I also can't wait to meet her children and their families.
There are so many things I will be doing that I've been hanging out for, first on May 2-5th I go to a stamp camp at Issaquah organised by Penny Wise Arts group and that will be a blast because I've know these gals online for almost 3-4 years and now I get to meet them for real. (I've never been on a stamp camp and I've never been on a cruise before).
Can't wait to meet all the cruisers that we have finally hooked up with that are flying in. I'd be interested to see who has flown the fartherst to get on this cruise, I'm hoping someone from Antartica will be coming hee hee.







1 comment:

  1. No warm woolies, remember you are going to have to go on deck some time.
    Have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I thoroughly enjoy reading your comments. Please visit again!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...