Pages

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Happy 21st Birthday Keira



Well does it make me old or what but Keira my eldest daughter will be 21 next week, and I wasn't even young when I had her. 26 years old I was and to think I was going to wait till I was 30 to have my first child. I remember telling my mum that I was getting married at 22, her response was "it's about time, you're getting old". Now my daughter is going to be 21 and I wouldn't wish her to get married in a hurry, of course the biological clock will tick for her and I'd like to be a grandma when I am young enough to run after them but it's not my choice.

oh I do remember the day she was born. It was a decent hour 9.25pm after 5 hours of labour, it was scary, being my first time but when that plug fell in the toilet with a plop I thought she was born, how ignorant was I, well I knew second time around what it was all about, or so I thought!

It was a good pregnancy but I had the weirdest craving, vegemite on croissant and it had to be a certain croissant from a certain shop, every morning for the first 3 months I would have that for breakfast. So needless to say she loved vegemite and it must not be fattening although I also had butter because I only put on 7kgs in total through the whole pregnancy.

I also hated meat, I used to throw up if meat was cooking in the kitchen. I loved being pregnant, it is truly a great gift and honour, when that little helpless being is given to you and they are so cute and helpless and ugly LOL for the first 2 hours anyway until their head shape settles down. Keira's looked like a cone head (sorry Keira).

She was chubby but cute and looked like the Micheline man's child.

Well my darling Keira, I can't believe you are going to be 21, a young and beautiful woman doing us proud. You've been a great daughter, kind, loving, supportive and no trouble at all, thank you for giving me the privilege of being a mother. Love you lots.

All my love..................Marm and Michael and Emma

p.s. feel free to leave a comment here for Keira if you wish, just click on COMMENTS and it should show you a box to fill in the message.

KEIRA - click on OLDER POSTS below to see the messages everyone has left you

2 comments:

  1. Wanted to let you know I received the card today. It is so cute. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 21st Birthday Keira!

    Wishing you peace, joy, and love on your birthday and always!!!

    Hugs,
    Michele A-Z

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I thoroughly enjoy reading your comments. Please visit again!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...